We are proud in playing an active role in the education of future marine and estuarine scientists, by providing assistance, guidance and facilities for various post-graduate research projects. Our current post-grad projects include:
- Identification, classification and mapping the intertidal and subtidal habitats of the Knysna Estuary.
- Evaluating estuarine ichthyofaunal diversity using mini-BRUVs: artificial vs natural habitat.
- Ocean sprawl in the Keurbooms estuary: Ecological efficacy of different artificial structures used in erosion control.
- Population structure and density of the endangered Knysna seahorse (Hippocampus capensis) in Codium tenue in the Knysna Estuary.
- Recruitment of the invasive Mediterranean mussel Mytilus galloprovincialis in the Knysna Estuary.